Sunday, October 9, 2011

Not her choice...

  I have watched many grandmothers walk along that sidewalk, but this one projected an air of indifference. Her mind was made up. Her face showed no emotions. She walked with a purpose. Her grand daughter followed along behind her. She appeared to be a lost little child, moving slowly as if each step would be impossible to make. I don't believe I will ever forget seeing them on that sidewalk walking to that door.
  That door, the same one that last Saturday the grand daughter had came out of in tears. She had only been inside for a few minutes, when she led her grandmother and her mother back outside. Her tears said it all. She did not want the abortion.  Their conversation, we could not hear, but their body language said it all. Her mother and grandmother, wanted her to go back in... but she did not.  That was last Saturday when we had rejoiced with her and praised her courage as they left.  But as I said that was last Saturday. 
  I can only imagine the battles that were fought during these past 7 days.  The words used to force this moment. The wounds of the past week were written on the grand daughter's face.  Those who remember her from last Saturday felt the pain of each step she took to that door. They begged her grandmother to listen, to give them a chance to show they could help.  They pleaded with the mother,  to please go inside and bring out her daughter. But a battle had been fought this past week and the decision would not be changed.
   I looked around into the eyes of my friends.  They had spent the past week sharing with family and friends the victory of this baby's life! For 7 days we praised Jesus for the courage this young mother had shown.  I thought I would see anger, but I did not.  I saw sorrow mixed with love.
   I am not sure my eyes reflected the Love of Christ, but they did. And I watch as they each quietly walked away to pray for this young girl.  Please pray for this family tonight. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment